Thursday, May 9, 2013

Being Sick is The Worst.

So, after my weekend battle with mild food poisoning, I managed to somehow get sick on Monday night. I'm talking the works - fever, chills, aches, complete and utter nausea. No idea what was wrong with me. It took until Tuesday night until the fever to break. I keep forcing myself to eat, despite the fact that it makes me completely nauseated for hours. Which, frankly, is terrible, because all I want is some truffle garlic fries, a really good cheeseburger, and some carrot cake. Honestly, one of the world's most perfect meals. Except the thought of it, at the moment, makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. That could also be the fact that I'm currently eating. My body is not ok with any of this. Fml.

In law school, particularly when the pressure is on, particularly during a compressed quarter, you push yourself to keep going. Unfortunately, the human body doesn't seem to quite understand the push to stay absolutely healthy, not sleep a lot, and get very little exercise for a solid 2.5 months straight. And mine chose now to give up. A mere two weeks from the end of class/start of finals. DUMB. As is always the case, our bodies fail us when it is MOST inconvenient. Not when we have time to laze around and get well, but when we have a ton of things to do and no time to sleep 14 hours a day.

On a separate note: thank god for the advent of delivery food and netflix. I watched a bunch of trashy tv, from the comfort of my bed, and got soup and sprite delivered to me. That part was glorious, until the nausea set in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment