Saturday, December 29, 2012

Notes From The Underground

The lack of posting means that i have (miraculously) regained a tiny semblance of a life. I, like many of my compatriots, have chosen to fill the void left by lack of classes with family, friends, food, drink, merriment, and general shenanigans.

Speaking to you, as i do now, from what i have come to know as the land of the living, i have a few things to share. The new year is nigh upon us and drawing closer with every breath, so before we fall once again victim to the vicious wheel of time (literary reference ftw!) I have a few parting thoughts for you, 2012.

1. That whole end of the world twice in one year thing, while mildly entertaining, did not come to fruition and was a rather vacuous waste of time. Let us not speak of it again.

2. Hats off to the movie industry this year. Two of the best films in quite some time reached somewhere into the inky depths of my soul and unearthed a human heart. I doff my cap to you, Lincoln and Les Miserables.

3. There are some celebrities that are just too talented for their own good. I'm looking at you, Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne.

4. I feel like the year of the ginger is coming. See the above item re: Eddie Redmayne, and note that i currently have a huge crush on that man as the result of two scenes of a single movie. So, take heart, my freckled friends! There are those of your number making you increasingly attractive to, oh, everyone.

5. Thank you, kindle, for infusing reading with a newfound ease and life. Had reading gone the way of the Dodo, we would all mark the new year with a dirge rather than the jubilant and raucous merriment it is bound to be.

Now, it's off to bed with me, for some deeply conflicted, musical influenced dreams. There's a full day of beautification and relaxation to be had....starting with an invasive morning meeting with a Korean woman, a spa, and a scrub brush. I wish my skin godspeed in this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment