Monday, January 7, 2013

Coming Back from Beyond

And now we're back...from outer space....(AKA California and holidays). NYE was, in good young adult form, shenanigans. Though, this year, as a year older and supposedly wiser, it was markedly less sloppy than in the past. Which really isn't saying much for me. Seriously. I accidentally acquired a camera that wasn't mine to begin with a few years ago. So, that. Anyway, post-celebrations, I immediately proceeded to get sick, and still sort of sound like a cacophony of sniffles and squeaks. My voice occasionally cracks like a teenage boy going through some pretty severe puberty. It's super attractive. Sultry, you might say. Anyway, in the continuing saga of betrayals that is my own body's relationship with me, I got better just in time to make it to my horrible 8:30 AM ethics class. Gross.

So now here I am. Acting as some bizarre sort of energy succubus by trying to feed off of my professor's high energy style while simultaneously trying to shock my brain into awake-ness through the use of caffeine. It's a two hour class twice a week on ETHICS. Let's review this: (1) common knowledge tells us that lawyers are generally regarded as some of the least ethical people on the planet, (2) we have to take an ethics exam to pass the bar exam, (3) you can take the ethics portion without taking this stupid class, but you can't graduate without it. How much of that makes sense to you? None of it? Good. We're on the same page then. I find it akin to ripping off a band-aid. Best to just get it over with. At least the professor is super energetic. HOLY FUCK. My professor graduated from my law school the YEAR AFTER I WAS BORN. I'm not sure if that should make me feel unsettlingly young, or if it should make him feel old. I wouldn't have pegged him for that old, so props to him, I guess?

I guess here we go again? Back to the grind of school and work and all the things. To recap my current situation: I'm still jobless for the summer, have yet to schedule my ethics and tribal bar exams, have to sort out tuition, need to pay bills, am still out of shape and sort of trying to fix that aside from the lingering illness in my lungs, and am still severely unmotivated (as are all my friends).

Here's to the start of another quarter, friends and comrades! And here's to drinks at 5:30! Cheers. (What? You have to reward yourself for getting through day 1 in some fashion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment