Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Upsides and Downsides

I think we can all pretty much agree that 3 and 4 day weekends are pretty much the best things ever invented. But why oh why do they always make the proceeding week seem twice as long? You wake up on the day following such a long weekend feeling refreshed, recharged, and ready to take on the week. That is, until you leave the house, then the full weight of the fact that you have officially given up your free time for the week hits you like a load of bricks. Because, as we all know, once you're past undergrad, the work just piles up over that extra day(s) off. Though, we do all reach that point where we go "Fuck it. Whatever gets done is what gets done."

That's about where I'm at. Which is sad, because it's only 8:58 AM, and it's my first day back. Granted, I got productive things done, AND had fun this weekend. And had some minor insomnia as a result of said fun times completely throwing my sleep schedule, but that is neither here nor there. Another sad thing: I bought all of this stuff to construct healthy, filling breakfasts for the week and week to come, and then woke up 45 minutes later than I intended (as per usual). So, I just ate a so-called protein granola bar (who cares about the truth behind that statement, it has peanut butter and dark chocolate) in class. And cried a little on the inside. I also had to pay for parking. Because the garage in my building was being reprogrammed this morning, but only from 6 AM to 1PM. If you miss that window, they charge you $45 to come downstairs and press a button for approximately 35 seconds. Really? Long story short, I forgot until the last minute that this particular event was occurring this morning, so I ended up driving to my 8:30 class (those of you who know how close I live to the law school know how pathetic and lazy this is), considering that I got my remote reprogrammed at 8:27 AM.

Upside to that: I wasn't the only one late. At least two people showed up later than me. This makes me feel better about my on-time abilities....or lack there of.

So, here's to another week. I leave you with this Wallaby who thinks he's a cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment