Friday, January 18, 2013

Experiences Unsought

This morning was rife with new experiences. One was dressing like a full fledged adult by 6:30 AM. Another was getting lost in the county that lies an hour north of where I live. Then I got to go to the jail, and get microfiche copies of court documents from a superior courthouse. All new experiences.


Let me tell you, I was never particularly looking to figure out microfiche, nor did I have a clear understanding of what exactly microfiche was. Whenever it was brought up in library tours, I always always always assumed that it was this dusty, antiquated, old-timey film-like object that basically required a gigantic projector to see clearly. I was also under (for some unknown reason) the impression that it was only used for newspapers. All of these things turned out to be more or less false. Turns out it IS a film like reel, and they do use a sort of projector thing....except it's more like a giant magnifying glass. Though, i'll tell you, the thing that "plays" microfiche requires precise control of a tiny knob. Thank god there is an occupation known as "microfiche technician" or I'd have been there all day trying to find the 18 stupid pages I needed.

Anyway, that's the saga of the microfiche. I also discovered that if absolute need be, I can walk on icy sidewalks in 4 inch heels without falling on my ass. That was a hugely useful discovery.

And then cider, chili, pommes frites, and class. Thank god it's Friday though. The best term I've found to describe 2L year to those not going through it is: harrowing. People tend to stop asking questions after that.

Fun Fact:
Law students, you too can go caffeine free without murdering people due to caffeine withdrawal! All you need is a shit ton of yerba mate tea. It even comes in chai flavor, and is delicious with a splash of vanilla coconut milk! It has at least (if not more) caffeine than a cup of coffee or a shot of espresso, with none of the sweaty, heart-racing side effects. Yaaaaayyyyy tasty things!

And now, to get a glass of whiskey in my belly and allow my brain to commence its normal shut down sequence for Friday nights. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment