Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bizarre Occurrances

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that (1) the 1Ls have some severe form of separation anxiety, (2) either they are or the upperclassmen are incredibly socially awkward, (3) law students are unsettlingly insular, and (4) ALL OF THE 1Ls scream-whisper in the library. Why, god, whyyyy!!?!?

Scream whispering should be outlawed. Granted, I understand the problem with obtaining the skills to actually whisper and how sometimes your voice gets much louder than you intend, but REALLY? If I can still hear you the equivalent of four normal (not two monstrous library tables) tables away, you're talking TOO loud for this silent-as-the-grave location. Also, I fully intend to glare at you through my smartypants reading glasses until you understand my frustration with you and shut your pie hole. I mean, my god, we are the internet generation, are we not? Fucking use g-chat.

I also think I must give off this rather extreme strain of "fuck off" vibe in the library. Seriously. No one usually sits with me unless they were there first, they came into the library with me, or if there are no tables left. Which is mildly hilarious, since I'm clearly not being productive. But, nonetheless, I guess that's what living in France gave me: extreme back-off syndrome. In my own defense, it was a survival technique there, to avoid getting cat called and/or groped on the street by creepers. My theory is that the reading glasses triple the otherwise minor "fuck off" vibe. Yeah.......sure. That has to be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment