Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Quickest Way...

To feel inadequate is to take a class with a bunch of LLM students who do human rights work. I've been in this class for 9 minutes and now I feel utterly inadequate as both a law student and a human being. People have worked in war torn regions and have done "peace building" and immigration work, and all kinds of things. It's honestly like that scene in Legally Blonde where they're all introducing themselves with these insane accomplishments and PhDs, and she goes, "I'm Elle Woods, and this is Bruiser Woods, and we're both gemini vegetarians..." Seriously, that inadequate. Except I'm totally aware of it.

Also, the quickest way to my heart for a professor is to (1) mention environmental issues in the first 20 minutes of class, (2) provide a printout of what should have been a for sale course packet, and (3) color code everything. GLORIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment