Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Decompression

So, here goes the briefest of recaps.

Finals week came and went and was horrifying and sleep deprived and also involved my hosting an eighteen year old cousin for a week. There was a lot of eating at restaurants, which was a lovely change of pace, and will require less cleaning out of my fridge. There were tourist-y trips, and post-PR final, there was a paragliding adventure! It was supposed to be skydiving, but what with the lack of sun and rain and whatnot, there was only one company doing jumps and they were booked (which is what I get for trying to book things two days before doing them).

Anyway, it finished, and then I almost immediately jumped onto an airplane to a place with sunshine. Two friends joined me later that same day. Margaritas were had, salads eaten, sunshine soaked up, and beach days passed. Well, two of those so far. Anyway.

Laying out on the beach, even if it isn't quite as warm as I want it to be, is the best decompression. Particularly when combined with beverages made in a blender. And cheesy 90's rap. I came back slightly tanner, 1100000x more relaxed. Then spent Easter (which, honestly, I just see as a family and friends day, along with a valid excuse for both mimosas and obscene amounts of food) with a friend's family. There were both mimosas and tons of food, along with hot tub-ing, pretty views (it was basically in the countryside....basically), a lovely dinner, so much sunshine, and a slight sunburn. Unfortunately this also meant that I didn't get nearly as much preparation for class done as I'd hoped. Luckily I had Monday off....during which time I slept a lot.

The end?

No comments:

Post a Comment