Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NOT ACCEPTABLE

Now, you've heard me rant about the 1Ls on here before, but to be fair, they have (on the whole) gotten better about their scream whispering and general utter disrespect for every single person that has to occupy the same airspace with them. That is, except for one. She is the instigator, and I'm becoming increasingly certain that she is the devil incarnate. Not even a good devil. I won't give her the privilege and honor of being compared to Kali or Faustus. She's the pond scum....or rather the tiny organisms that feed exclusively on pond scum....of devils.

Every day she sits amongst a table of exclusively male law students (also naïve 1Ls), looking nauseatingly self-satisfied. And then she proceeds to scream whisper for an extended period of time. In a law library one week before finals this is the opposite of acceptable. I'm of the mind that people that commit this egregious sin should be rounded up and shot.....or expelled. One of the two, I'm not particular about which. She is truly the worst of the bunch though. Just moments ago, after arriving at the law school at 7 goddamned 45 in the morning to do work for the paper I have due today and the second one I have due at 8:30 tomorrow morning, she and her friend squeal (I shit you not....they legitimately SQUEALED like tortured pigs) upon seeing each other for the first time in 24 hours and then launched into 10 freaking minutes of scream whispering. Not only could I hear all of this, but I could hear it through partially noise canceling headphones, with somewhat loud music on. Ask yourself, would you be embarrassed if that were you? Of course you would, because you're being an inconsiderate prick to literally an entire floor of a library. Not her.

Look, I get that some people in law school have no social awareness and/or mild Aspergers, but good god, were you raised in a BARN?!? There are some places where that kind of conduct is just generally unacceptable. This is one of those places. Also, if you are clueless enough to fail to notice the six tables of people shooting you death glares, you're not going to fare well in the real world. The worst part about the whole situation is that she just looked increasingly self-satisfied after the whole ordeal. I swear, if I bore no murderous impulses before this encounter, you can bet that I have them bubbling and seething under the surface now. There is rage welling up from the very core of my being like magma, and I pray to god that she's not around should that rage magma ever make it to the surface. Then again, it is deeply comforting to know that I'm on several boards and, if I ever chose to (which I wouldn't, because it would be an utter abuse of power) I could make her life in law school a living hell.

I take comfort in this:


No comments:

Post a Comment