Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Joys of Party Music

Let's face it, working on things for law school is sad. More often than not, at least for me, every fiber of my being fights doing actual work until I'm under an extreme time crunch and then I go into psycho meltdown mode. I've been trying to fix that. It's a hard habit to break though. The things that I've found that help are (a) not wearing my contacts, so I literally cannot see things that are more than a foot away, (b) wearing my reading glasses, (c) listening to classical music (I highly recommend the London Symphony Orchestra), and (d) listening to party music.

Party music is that perfect combination of brainless, repetitive, catchy, and driving beat. That way it makes you stay awake, continue working, but it doesn't have enough substance to actually distract you. I know that some of my compatriots would disagree, but I'm utterly incapable of working for long periods without some amount of noise distracting the ADD part of my brain. Silence is not always best, though I can work in silence.





These lovely songs, such as the one above, by the lovely and talented Santigold, distract my brain just enough to allow the creative juices/expanded mental capacity to function more effectively. I think of it as white noise that both makes me want to dance (physical activity!) and makes the words flow from my fingertips more quickly (productivity?). It's a good thing. Things that also help are (1) a number of various beverages, (2) company that is being far more productive than you are, and (3) snacks. Snacks are of the utmost importance. Mmmmm....food.

Also, this is stuck in my head, so you get to enjoy it in all its glory as well.



Dumdumdumdumdum!

No comments:

Post a Comment