Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Recap

Less drama than expected at the past weekend's events. Unfortunately. As predicted, hump day was good times of disastrous proportions, but was (mercifully) drama free. As those of you in law school know, drama is par for the course in every aspect of law school social gatherings. Either someone will say something that is marginally scandalous, a hook up will occur (I like to call it "law-cest"), or someone will just get belligerent and do something hilarious (well, it will be later). In this instance, we all imbibed, and as more than one person put it - "I asked for a vodka cranberry....and I'm pretty sure this is just a cup of vodka." It resulted in very little other than ruining a friend's quest for temporary vegetarianism, and eating a delicious fried chicken sandwich at a strange hour of the night.

It was a night of camaraderie, revelry, and fun. For some people it was too much fun, and resulted in much sleeping, advil, hydration, and limited amounts of food the next day. I was not such a person. I participated in the grand traditions of the Superbowl. Not that I know anything about football. Like at all. I know negative information about football, other than there are two lines of players - offense and defense - and that the goal is to take the ball to the end zone. And believe me, the first of those two facts took me a damn long time to learn. This would all be evidence as to why I lost my fantasy league. In a most egregious fashion. I lost so many games. And I had help in setting my lineup. And still lost. It was truly pathetic.

To top off a tiring, but otherwise lovely weekend, I just realized that while diligently doing all of my reading, and assessing case strategies, I did all the wrong reading. Evidently I can't read syllabi. That's disheartening. On the upside, I'm part of a week ahead, while simultaneously being a week behind by not reading the things I was supposed to for this week. CRAP. So much fail is happening.

Time to go to the one thing that always fixes things - food.

No comments:

Post a Comment