Monday, February 4, 2013

Weird Day

Today has been one of those.

I woke up late for my first class, which I obviously then skipped, because what is the point of showing up an hour late to a two hour class? Answer = there is none.

From there I was told that the school was on lockdown. Now, friends, this sounds far more terrifying than it actually was. We got some message about them just testing security measures....but that seemed like bullshit. Anyway, apparently all it involved was a security guard at the front entrance....and signs saying that the other doors were to be used as exits only. I'm really not sure what all the hubbub was about and, frankly, I don't feel safer knowing that those are their "enhanced" security measures.

In the lawbrary I did some frantic reading and catching up on things I was supposed to have already read...only to discover that I read the syllabus wrong and was, in fact, a week ahead in the sense that I did reading attributed to the wrong day. After surrendering to my utter failure as a functional student, I ventured unpreparedly into the maw of the class I had just inadvertently shirked my duties for....only to find that we were covering a topic with which I am intimately familiar. So, I sort of got off the hook on that one, surprisingly. I even participated.

Now I'm back in the lawbrary attempting to fix my earlier "I-can't-read-english-as-printed-on-a-syllabus" problem. All in all a very weird day.

No comments:

Post a Comment